Competitive GPA for Ivy transfer?

Free Resources for Transferring Colleges Forums Four-Year Transfers Competitive GPA for Ivy transfer?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Chris Goodmacher Chris Goodmacher 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dllr
    Participant

I’m a student at a large state flagship who’s interested in transferring to Cornell/Brown/Michigan/Columbia/Georgetown as a Math/Econ major. Is 3.9+ (around a 3.92) considered competitive? I understand the higher the better- most of my grades are As, but I have two A-s, and B+ from an upper level math course (500 level) I took as a freshman (learned my lesson). Since then, my grades have improved. I’m assuming that with a 3.9+ GPA, other factors such as Essays/ECs have a greater impact.

Chris Goodmacher
    Keymaster

You’re exactly right. 3.9+ is as solid as you need, GPA-wise. At the most selective schools, the rest comes down to how your ECs, letters of rec, and essays compare with those of the other applicants.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Here's the Full Story on Transferring to the College You Want

The Transfer Book

Students have used the books to transfer to Yale, Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, and Wharton/Penn (among many, many others).

Real essays and stats that students have used to transfer to Stanford, Columbia, Penn, and more.

45-day 100% money-back guarantee

Click here to continue...