Financial Aid Admissions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of David David 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mac

Hello,
    Most of the schools I am applying to as a transfer are need-blind. However, one (Vandy) is not. Fortunately, my parents are willing and able to pay my entire education if I were to get in. I was wondering should I notify the admissions office to let them know? I feel as though this could help me get in and also allocate funds to students that may need it more. I don’t want to sound pretentious or desperate so I fear that sending an email or calling notifying them I do not need money would not be in my best interest. What do you think? Thanks.

Ledouxr

Are you an international student? If not, I have some good news for you! Vanderbilt’s admissions are, as stated on their website “need-blind for U.S. Citizens and eligible non-citizens.” This applies to all undergraduates, including transfers. I have done tens of hours of research on the need-consideration components of college applications and have applied to 14 universities. I would say that sending an email or notifying them will likely not help your case. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

David
    Participant

What about for international students? I saw that many colleges and universities claim that they adopt need-blind policy in financial aid. However, I doubt whether this is true for international students. Thanks for your answering.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Here's the Full Story on Transferring to the College You Want

The Transfer Book

Students have used the books to transfer to Yale, Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, and Wharton/Penn (among many, many others).

Real essays and stats that students have used to transfer to Stanford, Columbia, Penn, and more.

45-day 100% money-back guarantee

Click here to continue...