How to address C+/low grade?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of martin martin 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    martin
    Participant

How much of a red flag is C+? How can I mitigate the impact such a grade has on my application. I’m a student looking to transfer to either Michigan, UVa, or NYU. I was previously accepted to NYU, but attended my current state flagship due to finances. I’m double majoring in math and physics. I’ve done well in all my math classes- it’s my primary major, but I did receive a B- and C+ in two of my physics classes (I’ve took 6 in total). These grades were in physics classes that were 300 and 400 level, and I definitely underestimated the workload. I did take two 400 level physics classes after these two, and received As in both them. I took the C+ and B- classes during my second semester. Due to these classes, my second semester gpa was a 3.01. My first semester was a 3.85, my second a 3.01, and my third semester I just finished was a 4.0. My cumulative is a 3.64. How much will the C+ and B- hurt? I’ve took more difficult courses in both majors and done well. I have two professors from both departments who are willing to write my recs as well. I also ended being a physics tutor to improve my understanding of the subject. I’ve been taking 18-20 credits a semester, i.e. 5 classes and 1 seminar. I’m active on campus, an officer for two clubs, and do research as well. Do I still have a shot?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Here's the Full Story on Transferring to the College You Want

The Transfer Book

Students have used the books to transfer to Yale, Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, and Wharton/Penn (among many, many others).

Real essays and stats that students have used to transfer to Stanford, Columbia, Penn, and more.

45-day 100% money-back guarantee

Click here to continue...