Liberal Arts Transfer to Ivy League/Equivilants

Free Resources for Transferring Colleges Forums Four-Year Transfers Liberal Arts Transfer to Ivy League/Equivilants

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Liberal Arts Liberal Arts 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Liberal Arts
    Participant

Hello Guys!

I am really hoping to transfer out of a top 5 liberal arts college into a larger university like Uchicago, , Northwestern, Columbia, or Stanford. I’ve done a lot of thinking over the past year and realize that I would be much happier at a larger university with more diverse student populations and course selections for my majors. My problem is that my GPA is a 3.57 at the moment, and I don’t know if that is in any way competitive (I’ve been snubbed with borderline grades a bunch of times, but have steadily improved over the last three semesters).
    I’m a biochemistry and economics double major at the moment, and outside of class I have done programs with Google and held elected positions in the student government. I have been accepted to schools like Uchicago and Northwestern in high school, but was unable to go because of financial reasons. If accepted, I would need a lot of aid to be able to go to these schools, so I’m worried that might have an impact on.

College: GPA 3.57 in there semesters.
    ECs: Google, Student Government Class Officer
    High School GPA: 3.8
    ACT: 34
    ECs: Class President, Various Scholarships.

Do you guys think that I might have any legitimate shot at these schools? I’m really committed to applying, but I’m hesitant at the same time because I’m so unsure. What can I work on to better my chances as an applicant? I’d really appreciate any help. Thanks a bunch!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Here's the Full Story on Transferring to the College You Want

The Transfer Book

Students have used the books to transfer to Yale, Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, and Wharton/Penn (among many, many others).

Real essays and stats that students have used to transfer to Stanford, Columbia, Penn, and more.

45-day 100% money-back guarantee

Click here to continue...