Main Essay Question

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of stephenfuuuuu stephenfuuuuu 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    stephenfuuuuu
    Participant

I want to transfer out of my current college to enroll at another college as a sophomore. I am currently in the middle of drafting and revising application essays, and I have a question about the main essay. It’s asking me to give reasons for transferring and articulate the goals that I want to achieve in my life. I want to write something about majoring in biomedical engineering/biomechanical engineering. As I convey my goal as being an engineering major, I come up with a personal story. I flew to Nicaragua for a medical internship this winter break but got deported due to insufficient paperwork. I want to talk about how at that frightening moment I realized my strong desire to be a surgeon and help people despite any hindrance or obstacles. I’ve had the idea of becoming a surgeon, but it was drastically magnified when I was forced to leave the medical program. My question is, if I were to write about this story and how it had influenced my perspective/choice/decision/career goal, would it affect my application because I was once deported by a country, even though it was not my fault (the agency did not promptly respond to my request of paperwork or notify me of the procedure needed to go through) ? And would it fit well in my main essay?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Here's the Full Story on Transferring to the College You Want

The Transfer Book

Students have used the books to transfer to Yale, Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, and Wharton/Penn (among many, many others).

Real essays and stats that students have used to transfer to Stanford, Columbia, Penn, and more.

45-day 100% money-back guarantee

Click here to continue...