Pay for room and board?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Laura Davis Laura Davis 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anna

With financial aid, will they cover stuff like food, room and board, and text books? I’m unsure I can afford all the stuff needed in college, and I was wondering if Financial aid will cover all or some of it. Thanks!

Diane

Hi Anna, financial aid takes into account all the costs of attending college, including food, room and board, and textbooks. Check out this page on the UPenn website for example: http://www.sfs.upenn.edu/paying/undergraduate-expense-budget.htm. It lays out all the costs of attending UPenn. When you fill out the FAFSA and list this school as one of the schools you’re applying for financial aid for, those numbers are automatically incorporated into the government’s calculation of your financial needs.

Yakov

Is that accurate when it comes to how much it will actually cost? Is it accurate about how much money UPenn will give?

Laura Davis

Hey everyone,

I applied to transfer last spring as a financial aid applicant. Coincidentally, I am transferring to UPenn in the fall. I can attest that UPenn’s financial aid is amazing and the best part is that they have a no-loan policy because they want their students to graduate loan free. However, it means that you will have a substantial expected contribution from your summer job, but you can have your summer contribution waived fully or partially for one summer.

Please contact me at transtertips1@gmail.com with any other questions or check out http://transfertips.wordpress.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Here's the Full Story on Transferring to the College You Want

The Transfer Book

Students have used the books to transfer to Yale, Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, and Wharton/Penn (among many, many others).

Real essays and stats that students have used to transfer to Stanford, Columbia, Penn, and more.

45-day 100% money-back guarantee

Click here to continue...