Transferring for more intellectually-engaged atmosphere

Free Resources for Transferring Colleges Forums Four-Year Transfers Transferring for more intellectually-engaged atmosphere

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of kspider kspider 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    kspider
    Participant

I’m currently enrolled in a 4 year university and seeking to transfer to Stanford U. I have been passionate about going to Stanford ever since I first started considering which University I wanted to attend. My primary reason for wanting to attend Stanford is the intellectually-curious, engaged and challenging atmosphere that is present there. I have heard all sorts of students accounts about what it is like there and it sounds exactly like the atmosphere I would thrive in based on my high school experience. At my current university, I find the atmosphere to be more motivated by achieving high grades than about desire for learning and understanding.
    The problem I am having is I don’t know how to address this in my common app transfer essay. I have found a lot of information about students looking to transfer for specific reasons like certain programs that are offered at a different school, but not as much about transferring to be immersed in a different sort of learning environment in general. If there is any insight that someone could provide for how I might structure my essay I would really appreciate it. This application means a lot to me so any help is good!
    Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Here's the Full Story on Transferring to the College You Want

The Transfer Book

Students have used the books to transfer to Yale, Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, and Wharton/Penn (among many, many others).

Real essays and stats that students have used to transfer to Stanford, Columbia, Penn, and more.

45-day 100% money-back guarantee

Click here to continue...